Newspaper to launch in Lansing
Lansing soon will have its own newspaper.
The Lansing Current, which will publish Thursday, is the newest member of a group of community newspapers in northeast Kansas published by Media West Communications, a division of The World Company in Lawrence.
The Current will be delivered each Thursday morning to homes in Lansing free of charge. Additional copies will be available at locations throughout the city.
The Current joins seven sister community papers in the Media West group: The Mirror newspaper of Tonganoxie, the Basehor Sentinel, the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Chieftain, the Shawnee Dispatch, the De Soto Explorer, the Eudora News and the Baldwin City Signal. The World Company publishes the Journal-World in Lawrence and operates Sunflower Broadband in area cities, including Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Gene Becker
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map