Newspaper to launch in Lansing
Lansing soon will have its own newspaper.
The Lansing Current, which will publish Thursday, is the newest member of a group of community newspapers in northeast Kansas published by Media West Communications, a division of The World Company in Lawrence.
The Current will be delivered each Thursday morning to homes in Lansing free of charge. Additional copies will be available at locations throughout the city.
The Current joins seven sister community papers in the Media West group: The Mirror newspaper of Tonganoxie, the Basehor Sentinel, the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Chieftain, the Shawnee Dispatch, the De Soto Explorer, the Eudora News and the Baldwin City Signal. The World Company publishes the Journal-World in Lawrence and operates Sunflower Broadband in area cities, including Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row