Tonganoxie clerk accepted into academy
Tonganoxie's city clerk has been named a member in the Master Municipal Clerk Academy Program of the Inter-national Institute of Municipal Clerks.
Kathy Y. Bard recently was accepted as a member in the academy. Bard has been with the city of Tonganoxie for four years.
The academy is the professional body of municipal clerks that has continued its level of educational achievement beyond the attainment of the Certified Municipal Clerk Award. To become a member of the academy, a person must attain the IIMC Certifi-cation designation, attend a minimum of 36 hours of graduate courses at an IIMC recognized municipal clerks academy or complete similar educational programs relating to the responsibilities of the municipal clerk's office.
Bard also is a member of the CCMFOA and KSGFOA Kansas City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers Associations. She is certified as a grant administrator with the Kansas Department of Commerce with a supplemental certification in housing and neighborhood development.
She is currently enrolled and attending classes at the University of Phoenix's Lenexa branch to obtain a master's degree in public administration.
She has been a member of the IIMC since 1998.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise