Balloon launch on Tuesday to celebrate bond issue
The balloon launch to mark the passage of the $25.3 million bond issue and the upcoming construction projects is now set for Tuesday afternoon at the Tonganoxie school district's 80 acres, east of the intersection of Pleasant and Washington streets.
The festivities will begin at 3:30 Tuesday. Refreshments will be served while balloons are handed out. At 4 p.m., balloons will be released, followed by speakers.
Everyone is invited to attend the event, sponsored by the Tonganoxie board of education, the Tonganoxie Education Association and the school bond election committee.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits