Balloon launch on Tuesday to celebrate bond issue
The balloon launch to mark the passage of the $25.3 million bond issue and the upcoming construction projects is now set for Tuesday afternoon at the Tonganoxie school district's 80 acres, east of the intersection of Pleasant and Washington streets.
The festivities will begin at 3:30 Tuesday. Refreshments will be served while balloons are handed out. At 4 p.m., balloons will be released, followed by speakers.
Everyone is invited to attend the event, sponsored by the Tonganoxie board of education, the Tonganoxie Education Association and the school bond election committee.
More like this story
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas budget chief lays out possible cuts
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Legislature narrowly passes unbalanced budget, ending 2016 session