Transgender’s trial set for Monday in Leavenworth
More than eight months since being arrested for making a false swearing on a marriage license, Sandy Gast will be back in court at 9 a.m. Monday standing trial on the charge.
Gast, who is a man in transition to becoming a woman, applied for and originally was granted a marriage license with Georgi Somers, a man living as a woman.
Gast's name was changed from Edward Francis to Sandra Clarissa in September 2003.
Gast's birth certificate and driver's license were changed at that time in Wyandotte County.
Gast and Somers were preparing to marry earlier this year, but Somers' daughter informed Leavenworth County officials about their situation and Gast was arrested on the misdemeanor charge. She later was charged in Leavenworth County District Court.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Carissa Welsh
- Public hearing airs disagreements about Wichita State chapel
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Kansas Wesleyan unveils new majors, changes to curriculum
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9