McLouth dedicates veterans’ memorial
See photos from Saturday’s dedication ceremony
McLouth went all out to honor veterans.
On Saturday, Nov. 6, 2004, American Legion Posts 036, McLouth, and 225, Ozawkie, participated in a ceremony to dedicate a veterans' memorial in a city park in downtown McLouth.
The memorial includes a large flag pole in the center of the park, and smaller flags behind it that represent branches of the armed forces.
Surrounding the large flag pole are bricks, each bearing the name of a person who has served in a branch of the armed forces.
The event included a speech by Lt. Col. Bill Waugh, of Fort Leavenworth, a 21-gun salute and music by the McLouth High School band.
To see photos of the event, link to The Mirror's photo gallery.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Tonganoxie High grad still playing ball