Embers ignite roof fire
Home east of Tonganoxie catches fire
Embers from a burning pile of brush apparently ignited shake shingles on a rural Tonganoxie home Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters from five fire departments responded to the blaze at the home of James and Kathryn Cunningham. At the time the fire broke out, according to sheriff's Deputy Gary Huss, James Cunningham was tending to the burning brush pile. Kathryn Cunninghman and the couple's four children were inside the home, located at 20029 State Ave. Family members made it to safety.
For more about the fire, see the Nov. 17 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Kansas education's new vision focuses on nonacademic skills
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down block grant school funding law
- Tonganoxie bids farewell to Class of 2016 with Saturday graduation
- Alumni banquets are Saturday for Tonganoxie, McLouth
- Tonganoxie church takes another step toward new building