Construction impedes traffic on Kansas Highway 32
Talk about stop and go traffic.
Work now is under way on the Stranger Creek bridge along Kansas Highway 32, just east of Linwood.
That stretch of highway now is reduced to one lane, and a traffic signal is regulating traffic in the area.
The bridge reconstruction project will span the next 10 months or so, according to Ken Johnson, vice president and bridge division manager for BRB Contractors of Topeka. That means it could stretch into September 2005.
For more about the construction project, see the Nov. 17 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures