Victim in explosion, fire dies at med center
A rural Leavenworth County man, who was burned Tuesday in an explosion and fire, died about noon Thursday at the University of Kansas Hospital, according to sheriff's Sgt. Charlie Yates.
Elmer "Bill" Lee, 39, was flown by air ambulance to the Kansas City, Kan., hospital after he was severely burned while welding a gasoline tank to a truck.
Lee was working on the truck in a barn behind his parents-in-law home at 18275 182nd St., which is about four miles east of Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class