Company to replace stolen flu vaccines
A drug company will replace flu vaccinations that recently were stolen from an Easton nursing home.
Country Care Inc. administrator Tammy O'Donnell said Monday that Healthy Solutions Inc. will re-supply vaccinations to the nursing home for its residents.
Between Nov. 11 and 15, someone took a vial containing nine doses of flu vaccine from the center's medicine room.
The home's nursing director, Cynthia Oak, used the first of the 10-dose vial Nov. 11, but found the remaining nine were gone Nov. 15. The original price of the vial was $150, according to the sheriff's report.
Although Country Care hasn't received its replacement vials, O'Donnell expects them to be delivered by next week.
"That's a positive that's come out of this, I guess," O'Donnell said, referring to the replacement vaccinations.
The medicine room didn't appear to be broken into and no other drugs were taken, but the Leavenworth County sheriff's office still is investigating the theft.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man pleads guilty to fracturing infant son's skull
- Leaders of the pack for Tonganoxie cross country
- THS girls soccer getting back in win column with home victories
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board reflects on political climate in Topeka