Homecoming activities highlight week
Parade scheduled Friday afternoon
Homecoming officially started Tuesday with Hat Day at Tonganoxie High School.
Spirit Week activities also include Twin Day on Wednesday and Hippie Day on Thursday.
"That one scares me just a little," THS principal Tatia Shelton said with a laugh.
Friday concludes with Red and White day at the high school. Students were not in school Monday because of teacher in-service.
As always, most festivities will be Friday with a parade in downtown Tonganoxie. Students will be dismissed at 1 p.m. with the parade beginning at 2 p.m.
The homecoming king and queen will be crowned at 6:30 p.m. Candidates this year are, for queen, Ashlee Murphy, Madison Weller, Hannah Heintzelman, Lona Dickinson, Addie Heim, Kara Coffee and Laura Jeannin. King candidates are Zach Ditty, Kirk Rodell, Sam Mitchell, Ross Starcher, Robert Kirch, Clay Lamb and Brad Willis.
On Tuesday, another vote by the student body determined three finalists for both king and queen. Results from that vote did not meet The Mirror's deadline.
Homecoming will conclude with Friday's game between Tonganoxie and Basehor-Linwood. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
Last year, THS slipped past Basehor-Linwood, 17-12.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie wrestlers place second at home dual tournament
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade
- Tonganoxie High golfers nab 6th place at regional event
- Masterful day for Tonganoxie High golf as Chieftains win 1st KVL title since 2012