Local man promoted with EMS
Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services will have a familiar face in a new position.
Pat Morey, who has been with the county service since 1995, recently was named operations manager.
"It's going to entail just the management of the field side of the service," Morey said. "Not the business side but the hands-on side."
As operations manager, Morey will observe EMS officials in the field to monitor what they're doing on the job.
"We didn't have much ability to do that before," Morey said.
The service had hoped to create the position for several years, but resources hadn't been available in the past.
While with EMS, Morey has been an EMT, paramedic and since 2001, a team leader.
Leavenworth County EMS never has had an administrative operations manager that is of a higher rank than a captain. This position is ranked as a major and is the third administrator for this service.
Morey started work as operations manager on Aug. 11.
More like this story
- Substate, regional assignments for Tongaoxie, McLouth
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- McLouth High basketball teams open winter with new coaches
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings