THS, McLouth assigned substate locations
If the Tonganoxie volleyball team plans to make the trek to Salina for the Class 4A state tournament, the Chieftains will have to detour through Eudora first.
Eudora High School will be the site for one of eight 4A substates, the Kansas State High School Activities Association announced last week. Andover-Central, Clay Center, Coffeyville, Hiawatha, Hugoton, Kingman and Louisburg are the other substate sites.
At the Eudora substate, Tonganoxie and Eudora will be joined by Baldwin, Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs, Santa Fe Trail, Eudora and Piper on Oct. 30.
Tonganoxie is undefeated against substate teams this season.
The only team THS has not defeated is Santa Fe Trail, a squad the Chieftains will play Tuesday in Tonganoxie.
McLouth will travel to nearby Winchester for its Class 2A substate tournament.
Jefferson County North will be the host as MHS, Doniphan West, Jackson Heights, Immaculata, Lyndon, Troy, Valley Falls and Wathena also will be at the tournament.
Other 2A substate sites include Elkhart, Oswego, Saint Francis, Sacred Heart, Smith Center, St. John and Washington. All substates will be played on two courts.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Brady Garren
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas