Obituary: Ruby F. Benson Herd
Graveside services for Ruby F. Benson Herd, 86, Eudora, will be at 10 a.m. today, Oct. 13, 2004, at Bonner Springs Cemetery in Bonner Springs.
Mrs. Herd died Saturday, Oct. 9, 2004, at Eudora Nursing Center. She was born Feb. 26, 1918, in Kansas City.
She was a former nurses aide at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was a member of the quilting group at the Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs. She was a Baptist.
Survivors include a son, Carl Herd, Lecompton; five daughters, Wanda Stevenson, Lawson, Mo., Rita Stroud, LaCygne, Jean Johnson, Welch, Okla., Jeanette Jacobson, Parker, and Betty Jo Gorsage, Freeman, Mo.; a sister, Dorothy Stephens, Kansas City, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
Her husband of 61 years, William Herd, died Aug. 3, 2004, and a daughter, Charlotte Anderson, died in 1998. A granddaughter, Anita Leach, also died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Alzheimer's Association, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers