Obituary: Ruby F. Benson Herd
Graveside services for Ruby F. Benson Herd, 86, Eudora, will be at 10 a.m. today, Oct. 13, 2004, at Bonner Springs Cemetery in Bonner Springs.
Mrs. Herd died Saturday, Oct. 9, 2004, at Eudora Nursing Center. She was born Feb. 26, 1918, in Kansas City.
She was a former nurses aide at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was a member of the quilting group at the Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs. She was a Baptist.
Survivors include a son, Carl Herd, Lecompton; five daughters, Wanda Stevenson, Lawson, Mo., Rita Stroud, LaCygne, Jean Johnson, Welch, Okla., Jeanette Jacobson, Parker, and Betty Jo Gorsage, Freeman, Mo.; a sister, Dorothy Stephens, Kansas City, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
Her husband of 61 years, William Herd, died Aug. 3, 2004, and a daughter, Charlotte Anderson, died in 1998. A granddaughter, Anita Leach, also died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Alzheimer's Association, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission approves recommendations on large projects
- Tonganoxie to have equestrian restrictions on sidewalks, trails
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Process continues with Tonganoxie charter ordinance
- Mayor's vote helps pass Tonganoxie charter ordinance