McLouth harriers advance as a team to state in Wamego
The McLouth girls cross country team has managed a state berth.
McLouth, Beloit and Riley County all advanced from the Class 3A Leonardville regional Saturday. Riley County hosted the regional.
Although the Bulldog boys did not advance a full team, McLouth's Scott Smelser did earn a berth as an individual runner. Sabetha, Belleville and Beloit all advanced as team qualifiers for state.
As for other Delaware Valley League high schools, Kansas City Christian advanced both boys and girls squads out of the Jayhawk-Linn 3A regional.
In Class 2A, Jefferson County North advanced from the boys side at the Washington regional.
On the girls side, Jackson Heights and Doniphan West earned state berths as team qualifiers.
The top three teams from each regional advance to state, which is Saturday in Wamego.
Class 2A girls will run at 9 a.m., while the Class 3A boys will start at 9:30 a.m.
Class 2A boys then run at 10 a.m. with the Class 3A girls getting things started at 10:30 a.m.
At 11 a.m., the 4A boys hit the course as the 1A girls get started at 11:30 a.m.
The races finish with 4A girls at noon and 1A boys at 12:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Taking a tour up North
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts