Obituary: Sue C. Elston
Services for Sue C. Elston, 69, Grandview, Mo., were Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2004, at Hickman Mills Community Christian Church in Kansas City, Mo. Burial was in Longview Cemetery, Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Elston died Thursday, Oct. 21, 2004, at the Life Care Center in Grandview. She was born on March 7, 1935, in Boonville, Mo.
She graduated from Boonville High School in 1953 and later from Central Missouri State University.
She was a member of the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority and the Missouri State Teachers Association.
Mrs. Elston lived in the Grandview area most of her life and was an active member of the Hickman Mills Community Christian Church. Mrs. Elston was a full-time teacher until her children were born and later was a substitute for the Hickman Mills school district.
Survivors include her husband, Donald Elston, of the home; a son, Mark Elston, Tonganoxie; a daughter, Lori Gordey, Lee's Summit, Mo.; a sister, Mary Jane Diekroger, Cheyenne, Wyo.; and five grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, ALS Division, or Hickman Mills Community Christian Church.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits