Remember to vote in Tuesday’s election
We're all grownups here.
So why is it that some of us don't vote? How could that possibly be -- that someone would squander that right, a right that men and women have died for? How could we be so selfish and self-centered?
It makes no sense.
What if soldiers in World War II had merely told their commanding officers that, gee, they just didn't have time to pick up their guns and join the battle against Hitler. A nightmare, that's what.
But some among us use the excuse of lack of time to not visit the polls between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Election Day.
Another excuse that people pull out is that they don't know enough about who's running. Whose fault is that? Where is the sense of personal responsibility? Newspapers, television stations and campaigns spend an enormous amount of time and money just to educate voters.
By all that's holy, please, please go to the polls next Tuesday. Exercise your right to make a choice. Don't drag out foolish excuses.
It only takes a few minutes.
But the effects of your one vote could last a lifetime.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down 2014 law on property taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Tonganoxie USD 464 holds line on mill rate; Smith resigns from board
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices