Obituary: Mildred Elizabeth Papenhausen
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Mildred Elizabeth Papenhausen, 89, Phoenix, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Papenhausen died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004, in Phoenix. She was born Sept. 6, 1914, in Turley, Okla., the daughter of Charles F. and Nellie Fay (Davidson) Six.
She was a cosmetologist and had moved to Phoenix two years ago. On March 8, 1939, she married Fred J. Papenhausen. He and two daughters, Betty Freeman and Rosalie Lorance, preceded her in death.
Survivors include three sons, James F. Lay, Valley Springs, Calif., Henry C. Papenhausen, Calimesa, Calf., and Fred J. Papenhausen, Haysville; a daughter, Pam Cunningham, Phoenix; 19 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
More like this story
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row