Obituary: Mildred Elizabeth Papenhausen
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Mildred Elizabeth Papenhausen, 89, Phoenix, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 10, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Papenhausen died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004, in Phoenix. She was born Sept. 6, 1914, in Turley, Okla., the daughter of Charles F. and Nellie Fay (Davidson) Six.
She was a cosmetologist and had moved to Phoenix two years ago. On March 8, 1939, she married Fred J. Papenhausen. He and two daughters, Betty Freeman and Rosalie Lorance, preceded her in death.
Survivors include three sons, James F. Lay, Valley Springs, Calif., Henry C. Papenhausen, Calimesa, Calf., and Fred J. Papenhausen, Haysville; a daughter, Pam Cunningham, Phoenix; 19 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
More like this story
- Kansas officials await word on this month's tax collections
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan