Obituary: Mary Frances Lorance
A memorial service for Mary Frances Lorance, 72, Linwood, will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the former Reno church, which is at the Tonganoxie Historic Site, 201 W. Washington, with Fred Leimkuhler officiating. The site is just west of the intersection of U.S. Highway 24-40 and Washington Street.
Mrs. Lorance died Monday, Sept. 13, 2004, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. She was born Jan. 3, 1932, in Lawrence, the daughter of Walter and Edna (Scheiner) Scheller.
She attended her early grades at Timber Ridge School near Basehor, and in 1949 graduated from Basehor High School. She attended Kansas University for one year.
She worked at Masson's Greenhouse from 1981 until 2003.
She married Bernard "June" Lorance Jr., on Feb. 12, 1955, at St. Patrick's Church in Basehor. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Mark Lorance, Walnut Ridge, Ark., and Brian Lorance, Moline, Ill.; two daughters, Jan Noffsinger, Bermuda Dunes, Calif., and Lynn Reynolds, Cedar City, Utah; a brother, Fred Scheller, Tonganoxie; and seven grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Linwood Community Library or the church of the donor's choice.
More like this story
- USGS records 4.7-magnitude earthquake in northern Oklahoma
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Geologists: Drilling slowdown cuts number of Kansas quakes
- Officials: Early to say fewer quakes due to fracking limits
- 'Summer getaway' for rural Tonganoxie resident on research trip to Antarctica