Accident claims two lives
A Kansas City, Kan., woman was killed and a Leavenworth woman died later of injuries received Sunday morning in a two-vehicle accident north of Leavenworth.
According to the Leavenworth County sheriff's office, a 1989 Chevrolet Astro van driven by Marissa J. Massey, 22, Leavenworth, was headed north on U.S. Highway 73 when a 1986 Oldsmobile passenger car driven by Laura L. Gosserand, 45, Kansas City, Kan., crossed the center line and the two vehicles collided.
Gosserand was pronounced dead at the scene. Massey was flown by air ambulance to the University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., where sheriff's officials said she died on Monday.
Sheriff's officials said the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
In addition to sheriff's deputies, Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service, Kickapoo Township Fire Department and Fort Leavenworth Fire Department responded to the accident, which occurred about 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck