Women’s football team kicks off inaugural season
Kansas City now has a women's football team.
The Kansas City Storm of the Independent Women's Football League started its season Saturday in Iowa against the Des Moines Courage.
The Storm's home opener will be April 16 at Blue Springs (Mo.) High School against the Texas Revolution.
On June 11, the Storm will play at Arrowhead Stadium following a Kansas City Wizards game.
More like this story
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Not trusting 'the feds,' Kansas House gives first approval to new constitutional convention
- Time running out for Uber compromise, Kansas senator says
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Kansas bill aims to ban discrimination against gun dealers