Kraft, Heim to participate in all-star game Saturday
Tonganoxie High girls basketball coach Randy Kraft will be a co-coach at Saturday's Hy-Vee Pepsi All-star Challenge on the William Jewell campus in Liberty, Mo.
THS senior Addie Heim also is on the roster for the game that pits Missouri and Kansas metro all-star teams against each other.
The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5 p.m. Saturday.
Blue Valley West's Cori Culp will be coaching alongside Kraft, while De Soto's Amy Petty and Lawrence High's Megan Klingler will be playing for the Kansas team as well.
The Kansas team practiced Tuesday and Thursday at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and will have a banquet Friday at the Marriott Imperial Hotel in Kansas City.
A boys all-star game will be played at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Area boys players on the squad include Immaculata's Danny McEvoy and Lawrence-Free State's Brady Morningstar.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children