Obituary: Julius “Pete” I. Leighty
Graveside services for Julius "Pete" I. Leighty, 96, will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, April 14, 2005, at Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Leighty died Monday, April 11, 2005, at his home. He was born July 8, 1908 in Dumas, Ark. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II from 1941 to 1945. He retired from Mine Safety Company, Kansas City, Mo.
On Dec. 24, 1953, he married Margaret Phenicie in Bentonville, Ark. She died May 12, 2002.
Survivors include a niece, Zona McCall, Topeka.
Arrangements were handled by Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives