Obituary: Julius “Pete” I. Leighty
Graveside services for Julius "Pete" I. Leighty, 96, will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, April 14, 2005, at Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Leighty died Monday, April 11, 2005, at his home. He was born July 8, 1908 in Dumas, Ark. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II from 1941 to 1945. He retired from Mine Safety Company, Kansas City, Mo.
On Dec. 24, 1953, he married Margaret Phenicie in Bentonville, Ark. She died May 12, 2002.
Survivors include a niece, Zona McCall, Topeka.
Arrangements were handled by Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Kansas health care advocates continue to push Medicaid expansion, despite slim prospects in Legislature
- Closure of Kansas hospital highlights rural care challenges
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years