Obituary: Marjorie Ann Sparks
Graveside services for Marjorie Ann Sparks, 80, Oskaloosa, were Monday, April 11, 2005, at the McLouth Cemetery in McLouth.
Mrs. Sparks died last Thursday, April 7, 2005, at her home. She was born Nov. 10, 1925, the daughter of Lewis Abner and Isalena Marie Ray Weeks.
She lived most of her life in the McLouth and Oskaloosa areas. She worked as a waitress for 45 years in McLouth, Lawrence and Tonganoxie, and as a cook for five years in Wyoming. She married LeRoy James Sparks on March 28, 1941, in Ottawa, Kan. He died March 13, 1962.
Survivors include two sons, Vernon Joe Sparks, Oskaloosa, and James C. Sparks, Hiawatha; a daughter, Ann Marie Myers, Tampa, Fla.; a sister, Virginia Dyer, Ozawkie; 12 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son and a grandchild.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Marjorie Sparks Memorial Fund, sent in care of Barnett Funeral home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives