Basehor wears crown at the K
Bobcats defeat Chieftains, 6-1
Tonganoxie opened the first inning Tuesday at Kauffman Stadium against Basehor-Linwood in this year's Frank White Classic High School Baseball Game with some momentum.
The Chieftains had runners in scoring position, but failed to get any runs.
Basehor-Linwood took it from there.
The Bobcats scored in the bottom of the first and eventually secured a 6-1 win, spoiling Tonganoxie's first game at Kauffman Stadium in THS history.
The game followed an exciting Kansas City-Cleveland game that saw the Royals win in the bottom of the seventh, 6-5, on a walk-off home run by Alberto Castillo.
For more about Tonganoxie's historic day at Kauffman Stadium, see the May 4 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes