Construction on First State’s new Basehor branch delayed
The start of construction on First State Bank and Trust's new Basehor building has been put off for another two to three months.
Ground-breaking was originally scheduled for March.
"We've just been working with architects on some of the building details," said Jilinda White, executive vice president for retail and marketing at the bank. "It's just taken longer than anticipated."
Once construction starts, the project will take about nine months to complete, White said.
The interior at the existing bank includes about 5,500 square feet of space. The new building will have about the same amount of space, but flexibility of that space will make the difference. The interior is being designed to be "more adaptable" to accommodate changes and growth in both employees and customers.
"We'll be glad to get away from the congestion in that area," White said.
Bank officials have said commercial and residential development in Basehor, along with the need for additional space, prompted First State to move forward with a new Basehor bank.
First State Bank and Trust is based in Tonganoxie. It also operates banks in Lawrence, Perry, Clearwater and Wichita.
More like this story
- Baldwin girls overwhelm Tonganoxie in season-opening basketball game
- Tonganoxie High girls roll past foes for back-to-back victories
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Tonganoxie police chief commended for actions at scene of motorcycle accident
- Defending home turf in Tonganoxie