Obituary: Dorothy Ellen Champion
Services for former Tonganoxie resident Dorothy Ellen Champion, 95, Lawrence, will be at 2 p.m. today, Aug. 3, 2005, at Tonganoxie Christian Church, 204 Washington Street, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Champion died Monday, Aug. 1, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Jan. 7, 1910, in McLouth, the daughter of Syl and Ella (Moses) White.
She was a graduate of McLouth High School. She was a member of First Baptist Church, Lawrence.
She married Harold K. Champion on Jan. 28, 1931, in McLouth. They owned and operated the Champion IGA in Tonganoxie for 33 years. Mr. Champion died on Sept. 5, 1996.
Survivors include two daughters, Joann Schultz, Tonganoxie, and Marilyn Stahl, Springhill; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
The family suggest memorial contributions to the Lawrence Presbyterian Good Samaritan Fund or to a church of the donor's choice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- New LMH oncologist joins hospital with background in research, goals for patient care
- Face to Face: LCHS president Crystal Swann Blackdeer
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure