Obituary: Oscar B. Hamilton Jr.
Services for Oscar B. Hamilton Jr., 91, Kansas City, Kan., were Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Hamilton died Aug. 7, 2005, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home in Lansing. He was born June 26, 1914, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Oscar B. and Ruby Ann (Brent) Hamilton.
He retired from the Kansas Department of Transportation where he worked as a truck driver for more than 20 years. In the 1930s, he enlisted in the U.S. Army Horse Cavalry Division and later enlisted in the Army-Air Corps and served in World War II.
He married Wanda W. Shadwick on Sept. 24, 1943, in Kansas City, Kan. She died Dec. 20, 1995.
Survivors include his daughter, Barbara D. Ubel, Westmoreland; two sons, Joseph B. Hamilton and Oscar L. Hamilton, Kansas City, Kan.; 20 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Two daughters, Linda L. Hamilton and Henrietta Hamilton and a grandson preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Open Door Baptist Church or to Colonial Manor, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race