Obituary: Oscar B. Hamilton Jr.
Services for Oscar B. Hamilton Jr., 91, Kansas City, Kan., were Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Hamilton died Aug. 7, 2005, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home in Lansing. He was born June 26, 1914, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Oscar B. and Ruby Ann (Brent) Hamilton.
He retired from the Kansas Department of Transportation where he worked as a truck driver for more than 20 years. In the 1930s, he enlisted in the U.S. Army Horse Cavalry Division and later enlisted in the Army-Air Corps and served in World War II.
He married Wanda W. Shadwick on Sept. 24, 1943, in Kansas City, Kan. She died Dec. 20, 1995.
Survivors include his daughter, Barbara D. Ubel, Westmoreland; two sons, Joseph B. Hamilton and Oscar L. Hamilton, Kansas City, Kan.; 20 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Two daughters, Linda L. Hamilton and Henrietta Hamilton and a grandson preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Open Door Baptist Church or to Colonial Manor, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits