Summer teams celebrate tourney championships
There was plenty to cheer about for local fans of Tonganoxie Recreation Commission baseball and softball teams this summer.
In the boys' 10-and-younger tournament, held last month in Linwood, the Tonganoxie team coached by Scott Ford won the tournament, while the Tonganoxie team coached by Scott Dent finished second.
In the 10-and-younger girls tournament, the Bryan Kemp's softball team won its tournament with a 3-0 record. The squad also won the regular-season title and finished the year at 12-2-1.
Although the Basehor III team won the 12-and-younger girls softball tournament, the Tonganoxie IV team, coached by Bill Henley and Jerry Stockman, finished second.
And in the age 7-8 boys baseball tournament, another all-Tonganoxie championship game was played. Mike Brown's team finished the tournament in first place, while David Jones' squad finished second.
More like this story
- Kansas joins partnership to market region to film industry
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas to get $1.3 million for ethanol pumps for motorists