Rains once again postpone derby
Let's try this again.
The annual Tonganoxie demolition derby, which usually coincides the Leavenworth County Fair, will have to wait until September.
The event, originally scheduled for Aug. 13 at the Leavenworth County Fair, was rescheduled for last Saturday because heavy rains made the muddy arena unusable.
Rains last week again forced organizers Barney and Jackie Farr to postpone the derby.
The event is expected to run next month, but the Farrs are working with fair board members to secure a specific date.
More like this story
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas minority groups push for same-day voter registration
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag