Letter to the editor: Library staff’s help appreciated
I would like to thank the director and staff of the Tonganoxie Public Library for their assistance with our recent migration to the SIRSI Unicorn library automation system.
Throughout the entire process, your library staff and director have given us valuable advice and personal assistance. Sharon Moreland has just been great. She came to work early to show us her cataloging system, allowed some of our staff to shadow hers on the circulation desk and then brought the staff over to help when we had to put barcodes on more than 70,000 items before we could reopen our library.
The library world has always been one where we work together, but Ms. Moreland certainly goes the extra mile. I sincerely hope your community knows what a wonderful library staff and director they have.
P.J. Capps, director,
Atchison Public Library.
More like this story
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas Supreme Court voids Wichita marijuana ordinance
- Kansas Senate panel struggles with medical marijuana measure
- Kansas Supreme Court may review case dealing with its power
- Kansas bill to impeach top court judges advances in Senate; would allow impeachment of governor, too