Obituary: William A. Black
Services for William A. Black, 83, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, Dec. 7, 2005, at the United Methodist Church in Jarbalo. Burial will be in Wildhorse Cemetery, McLouth.
Mr. Black died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Lawrence. He was born Sept. 7, 1922, in McLouth, the son of John and Naomi (Ellis) Black.
He retired from Meyer's Dairy, Basehor, and had worked for St. Mary College, Leavenworth. He was preceded in death by his first wife, Agnes Marie (Uhlrich) Black, in 1982.
Survivors include his wife, Ellen B. Black, of the home; two sons, John E. Black, Saranac, Minn., and Donald W. Black, McLouth; a daughter, Pamela M. Allen, Pensacola, Fla.; two stepsons, John Bateson, Tonganoxie, and Steve Bateson, Basehor; two stepdaughters, Delores Edmonds, Tonganoxie, and Carolyn Rose, Council Grove; a sister, Bonnie Uhlrich, Lawrence; 15 grandchildren; and 25 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie Senior Citizens Club or to the church, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie and McLouth residents among Emporia State University scholarship award winners
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015