Tonganoxie schools to dismiss early because of winter storm
School officials called for Tonganoxie schools to dismiss early at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
The announcement came during the late morning Wednesday.
The Tonganoxie High girls basketball game, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Central Heights, which is north of Garnett, was postponed until the same time Thursday. The game is a semifinal match-up between Tonganoxie and CHHS in the Central Heights Tournament.
THS athletics director Brandon Parker said Wednesday that the tournament would be pushed back at least one day because of the weather. If Central Heights cancels school tomorrow, that would postpone the event even further, he said.
At 11;30 a.m. Wednesday, an official at McLouth High School said classes still were in session with no plans, at that time, of dismissing early.
The National Weather Service has issued a snow advisory in effect for Leavenworth, Douglas and Wyandotte counties until 4 a.m Thursday. Roughly four inches of snow are expected to fall throughout the area by Thursday morning.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie woman pleads no contest to 5 counts of felony theft from employer
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Man pleads guilty in death of Kansas State Fair worker slain over haircut visit
- Leavenworth man gives guilty plea in battery case
- Leavenworth County inmate sentenced to more than 10 years