Play resumes in Central Heights Tournament for Tonganoxie teams
After inclement winter weather postponed the Central Heights Tournament back two days, basketball resumes Friday at Central Heights.
The Tonganoxie High girls basketball team will play the host team, Central Heights, at 3:30 p.m. Friday at CHHS, which is a few miles east of U.S. Highway 59 between Ottawa and Garnett.
With a win Friday, the girls would play in the championship game at 5 p.m. Saturday. A loss Friday would put the Chieftains in the consolation game, set for 2 p.m. Saturday.
The boys, meanwhile, will play a consolation game at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in Osawatomie against the winner of Osawatomie and De Soto.
The THS wrestling team will compete at the Eudora Invitational at 4 p.m. Friday. The tournament will conclude Saturday. Matches begin at 9 a.m. Saturday.
McLouth basketball teams, meanwhile, will compete in the Delaware Valley League Tournament on Friday in Atchison. The boys play Horton at 2:30 p.m. in Atchison. The girls play Valley Falls at the same time.
For updates on Tonganoxie and McLouth athletics this weekend, check back to The Mirror Web site. For complete coverage of Tonganoxie and Mclouth basketball and THS wrestling, see the Dec. 14 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report