Obituary: Marshall E. Harris
Funeral services for Marshall E. Harris, 92, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Dec. 9, 2005, at Meyers Family Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan.
He died Monday, Dec. 5, 2005 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Lawrence.
Mr. Harris was born Oct. 20, 1913, in Hamilton, Mont. He moved to Bethel in 1921 and was employed by Colgate Palmolive from 1936 until 1941. Mr. Harris was employed by Pipe Fitter Local 533 from 1941 until 1977 with Temperature Engineering, Trog-Nichols and Natkin and Co.
Mr. Harris was a member of Welborn Community United Church of Christ, where he served as a trustee, and was on the board of deacons.
A son, Daniel James Harris, preceded him in death, as did a grandson, Stephen Marshall Harris, and a granddaughter, Amy Lou Harris.
He is survived by his wife of 70 years, Mary Jane Harris, of the home; a son, Stephen J. Harris, Harbor City, Calif.; two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
The family suggests memorials to Welborn Community United Church of Christ, 5217 Leavenworth Rd., Kansas City, Kan., 66104, or Cross Lines Cooperative Council, Inc., 736 Shawnee Ave., Kansas City, Kan., 66105.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.