Obituary: Nancy Mae Bowen
Funeral services were Friday, Dec. 9, 2005 for Nancy Mae Bowen, 71, McLouth. She died Monday, Dec. 5, 2005, at Brandon Woods Nursing Facility in Lawrence.
She was born JuIy 10, 1934, in Weston, Mo., the daughter of Edward L. and Mary L. Van Allen Gill.
She married George L. Bowen Sr. on March 7, 1951, in Harrisonville, Mo. He preceded her in death in 1997.
Mrs. Bowen had lived in rural McLouth since 1968, moving from Kansas City, Kan. She worked for Hallmark Cards, Leavenworth, for 15 years, retiring in 1993. Mrs. Bowen was a member of First Baptist Church of McLouth.
Survivors include three sons, George L. Bowen Jr. and Ronnie Dean Bowen, both of McLouth, and Benny Ray Bowen, Atchison; three daughters, Ann Marie Black, McLouth, Wanda Sue Jenkins, Leavenworth, and Lisa Kay Saim, Winchester; two brothers, Frank Gill, Nebraska, and Donald Gill, Stewartsville, Mo.; three sisters, Lorraine Lohman, Atchison, Minnie Woolsey, Troy, and Janice (last name unavailable), Washington state; 13 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Burial followed the service at the McLouth Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association and sent in care of Barnett Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Linwood woman sentenced to more than 9 years in prison in DUI-manslaughter case
- Leavenworth man sentenced for battery, robbery
- Kansas woman who tried to flush $4,000 in drug money is sentenced
- Man sentenced to 13 years for shooting clerk in Topeka