Obituary: Rick L. Coffey
Services for Rick L. Coffey, 44, McLouth, were Monday at St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church, 31151 207th St. Burial was in Mount Olivet Cemetery, behind the church.
Mr. Coffey died Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, following a 16-month battle with cancer. He was born June 22, 1961, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of James D. and Mary L. (Musil) Coffey.
He was raised in McLouth, where he graduated from high school in 1979. He worked at Kmart Distribution Center in Lawrence. He was a member of St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church in rural Leavenworth County and of the Perry Country Club.
Survivors include his parents of McLouth; three sisters, Lori D. Coffey, Oskaloosa, Patricia A. Christman, Lecompton, and Cathy S. Kern, Winchester; and three brothers, Glenn E. Coffey, James D. Coffey III and John D. Coffey, all of McLouth.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Jimmy V. Foundation, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities