Obituary: John A. Garrison
Services for John A. Garrison, 84, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, Dec. 21, 2005, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Garrison died Saturday, Dec. 17, 2005, at his home. He was born Oct. 24, 1921, in Wayne City, Ill., the son of Thomas and Viola (Dalton) Garrison.
He was a World War II U.S. Navy veteran who had worked most of his life as a union carpenter, with local 168, in the Kansas City area.
On March 9, 1941, he married Geraldine Hendricks.
Survivors include his wife, Geraldine, of the home; two sons, Russell, Kansas City, Kan., and John, Victorville, Calif.; two daughters, Bev Oroke and Linda Garrison, both of Tonganoxie; 12 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. A granddaughter, Jennifer, preceded him in death.
To leave an online condolence, visit www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Tonganoxie family tradition
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Tonganoxie trainer warns of heat illnesses, urges proper hydration