Missouri man faces murder charge
Case linked to body dumped in county
A Platte City, Mo., man faces a murder charge in connection with the death of a Kansas City, Mo., man whose body was found in northern Leavenworth County.
On Friday, 51-year-old Steven K. Hall was charged in Jackson County (Mo.) Circuit Court with two felonies: second-degree murder and armed criminal action.
A Jackson County official said Hall is being held in the Jackson County Jail. His first court date hasn't been set, the official said.
The body of the victim, 40-year-old Purl F. Groves Jr. was found Dec. 15 in a cornfield about a mile south of the Atchison-Leavenworth county line -- a quarter-mile from 227th Street.
In a press release, Kansas City, Mo., police said it appeared Groves was shot at a home in the 1900 block of Chelsea in Kansas City, Mo. His body then was dumped in the cornfield, the release said.
Detectives also said Groves was thought to be dead for a week before his body was found Dec. 15.
More like this story
- Hot (pink) shot for Tonganoxie High golfer
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Tonganoxie girls golf puts finishing touches on inaugural season at Spring Hill regional
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Tonganoxie student finds giant morel mushroom after heavy rain