Obituary: Frank Logan Graves Jr.
Services for Frank Logan Graves Jr., 88, De Soto, were Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005, at the Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Chapel in Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mr. Graves died Dec. 19, 2005, at Hillside Village Nursing Center, De Soto. He was born Aug. 19, 1917.
He was an over-the-road truck driver for 34 years, driving for Coca-Cola and Watson Wilson. He retired in 1979, while driving for Yellow Freight.
He was a World War II U.S. Army veteran who served as a military policeman. He went absent without leave to marry his wife of 61 years, Helen Pratas.
He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Bethel in Kansas City, Kan.
Survivors include his wife, of the home; a son, William Graves; five daughters, Sandra Collins, Frances Gill of Santa Barbara, Calif.; Paula Wood, Blue Springs, Mo., Sharon Coleman, Tonganoxie, and Susie Snapp, Tonganoxie; 14 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
A son, Gary Graves, preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C. 28201.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes