Obituary: Mabel B. Sheehan
Services for Mabel B. Sheehan, 96, Leavenworth, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 29, 2005, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial will follow in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Sheehan died Saturday, Dec. 24, 2005, at the Jefferson County Memorial hospital Geriatric Center in Winchester. She was born Jan. 4, 1909, in Jarbalo, the daughter of John Fredrick and Hattie Mae Trackwell Brune.
She was a graduate of Jarbalo High School. After graduation, she was employed as a switchboard operator for the Boling Telephone Company in rural Leavenworth County.
Mrs. Sheehan was a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor.
She married Raymond F. Sheehan on Nov. 18, 1939, at Tonganoxie. They were active in farming and real estate until retirement.
Mr. Sheehan died April 14, 1983.
Survivors include numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
Friends may call at the funeral home from noon until 2 p.m. Thursday.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Holy Angels Catholic Church or St. John Hospital, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Blooming business in Tonganoxie
- Motorcyclist sent to area hospital following crash involving Tonganoxie High volleyball team bus
- Kaw Valley League's future in limbo; Tonganoxie could be headed to Frontier League
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Trump wins endorsement of Kansas Secretary of State Kobach