New post office on city agenda for Feb. 14
A new post office awaits Tonganoxie's future.
And on Feb. 14, Russ Rainey, a Denver real estate specialist for the U.S. Postal Service, and other postal officials, will be in Tonganoxie to talk about it.
But they're saying little beforehand.
They will attend the regularly scheduled city council meeting, set for 7 p.m. at city hall.
"We have the public meeting for a purpose, which is to let everybody know all at once, rather than put it out piecemeal," Rainey said Friday during a phone interview.
Though he declined to give details, Rainey said the discussion would center on the topic of "how a new post office occurs."
Rainey said a site for the post office has not yet been selected.
The Tonganoxie post office has been at its present location on Fourth Street since 1962.
More like this story
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy