Obituary: Donald L. Robertson
Services were Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Ridge Point Senior Apartments, Minnetonka, Minn., for Donald L. Robertson, 82, former longtime resident of Topeka who died Jan. 26, 2005.
Mr. Robertson was born Oct. 4, 1922, in Tonganoxie, the son of Lee and Clare Robertson.
He served in the U.S. Army 89th Infantry Division 1st Battallion 354th Infantry Regiment, Company B. He was in the first boat that crossed the Rhone River during the Occupation of Germany during World War II.
Mr. Robertson was a retired accountant. He moved to Minnesota in 1996. He had over 2,000 volunteer hours at Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka and 2,449 volunteer hours at Park Nicollet Clinic and Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, Minn. He was a lifelong member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Survivors include a daughter, Diana Robertson of Savage, Minn., and a granddaughter. His wife, LaVena Highfill, and daughter Barbara Robertson preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Diabetes Association, sent in care of the Cremation Society of Minnesota, Edina Chapel, 7110 France Avenue South, Edina, Minn., 55435.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man charged with capital murder in KCK detective's death
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Leavenworth man gives guilty plea in battery case
- Tonganoxie woman pleads no contest to 5 counts of felony theft from employer
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children