Obituary: Donald L. Robertson
Services were Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Ridge Point Senior Apartments, Minnetonka, Minn., for Donald L. Robertson, 82, former longtime resident of Topeka who died Jan. 26, 2005.
Mr. Robertson was born Oct. 4, 1922, in Tonganoxie, the son of Lee and Clare Robertson.
He served in the U.S. Army 89th Infantry Division 1st Battallion 354th Infantry Regiment, Company B. He was in the first boat that crossed the Rhone River during the Occupation of Germany during World War II.
Mr. Robertson was a retired accountant. He moved to Minnesota in 1996. He had over 2,000 volunteer hours at Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka and 2,449 volunteer hours at Park Nicollet Clinic and Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, Minn. He was a lifelong member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Survivors include a daughter, Diana Robertson of Savage, Minn., and a granddaughter. His wife, LaVena Highfill, and daughter Barbara Robertson preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Diabetes Association, sent in care of the Cremation Society of Minnesota, Edina Chapel, 7110 France Avenue South, Edina, Minn., 55435.
More like this story
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy