Obituary: Edward J. Meinke
Services for Edward J. Meinke, 72, Conway, Ark., were Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005, at Wesley United Methodist Church in Conway. Entombment was at Crestlawn Memorial Park Mausoleum in Conway.
Mr. Meinke died Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2005, at his home. He was born Feb. 21, 1932, in Linwood, the son of Frederick and Muriel Martin Meinke.
Mr. Meinke served in the U.S. Navy during the Korean conflict. He worked for IBM Corp. starting in 1957 starting as a computer technician and advancing to field engineering manager before he retired from the Little Rock, Ark., branch in 1987. He was a member of Wesley United Methodist Church.
He married Barbara L. McClenny. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Richard, Jackson, Mo.; a daughter, Samantha Porter, Conway; and five grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 102454, Atlanta 30368. An online guest book can be signed at www.rollermcnutt.com.
Roller-McNutt Funeral Home in Conway, Ark., was in charge of arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule
- Kansas attorney general: Don't send us Guantanamo detainees
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Fire Department's Ryan Bennett