Obituary: Frankie E. Brune
Services for Frankie E. Brune, 89, Leavenworth, were Friday, Feb. 4, 2005, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
Mrs. Brune died Jan. 31, 2005, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie. She was born Aug. 1, 1915, in Rosedale, the daughter of Calvin L. and Mary A. (Moore) White.
She married Glenn Brune on Nov. 10, 1932, in Leavenworth. He died Oct. 17, 1987.
She retired in 1981, after working for 35 years as a practical nurse at St. John and Cushing hospitals.
She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and the First Christian Church of Leavenworth.
She had lived in Rosedale and Jarbalo, until she moved to Leavenworth in 1956.
Survivors include two sons, Albert Brune and Frank "Bill" Brune, both of Lansing; two daughters, Vonita "Bonnie" Hudson, Topeka, and Mary Jennings, Kingman, Ariz.; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation