Obituary: John G. “Jerry” Kenney
Mass of Christian Burial for John G. "Jerry" Kenney, 68, Leavenworth, were Friday, Feb. 4, 2005, at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center's Immanuel/Holy Ghost Chapel in Leavenworth. Burial was in Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Kenney died Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2005, at Medical Lodge of Leavenworth after a long illness.
He was born March 30, 1936, in Independence, Mo., the son of Walter Patrick and Charlotte Geneva Jones Kenney. He attended St. Mary's High School in Independence, Mo. He lived in Sugar Creek, Mo., and moved to Leavenworth 10 years ago.
Mr. Kenney served in the U.S. Army from 1959 to 1961. He worked as a printer through the Local Printer's Union of Kansas City.
Survivors include two daughters, Colleen McGeeney, Meriden, and Amory Lovin, Kansas City, Kan.; a sister, Barbara Ann Seiwald, Independence, Mo.; and a granddaughter.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Salvation Army, sent in care of Lawrence Funeral Chapel.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education