Teen Cafe needs games for Saturday festivities
The Tonganoxie Public Library director is looking for a few good games.
Sharon Moreland is hopeful that local residents will allow the library staff to borrow some board games and card games for Saturday night's Teen Cafe.
This Saturday, teens again are invited to the library for some fun and games and refreshments. The library and the recreation commission are sponsoring the Teen Cafe, which kicked off last month. Organizers were pleased with the January event, which attracted 26 youths.
This Saturday will be game night, so the library needs some games.
"Cards, Uno, Clue, Sorry, Life," Moreland rattled off a possible list of games.
She's looking for games that won't take hours and hours to play -- so Monopoly is out. And she's just asking to borrow the games for the evening. Anyone who would like to donate games on a permanent basis to the library is welcome to, Moreland said.
Moreland and Paula Bollinger, assistant director at the rec commission, are planning to offer free drinks to youths on Saturday. And snacks will be for sale.
The monthly care is open to youths ages 12 to 18. And Saturday's Teen Cafe is slated for 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information, call the library, (913) 845-3281, or the recreation commission, (913) 845-3502.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation