Obituary: Morgan A. “Peter” Peterson
Services for Morgan A. "Pete" Petersen, 71, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2005, at the Basehor United Methodist Church. Burial followed in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Petersen died Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at his home. He was born May 1, 1933, in Kansas City, Kan, the son of Anton and Queena Wilson Petersen.
He was a former member of the Tri-County Rod and Gun Club. He had worked for the wholesale meat industry and was a member of the Meat Cutters Union, local 576. He was a member of Basehor United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Anna Mae Petersen; two sons, Richard Petersen, Basehor, and David Petersen, Grain Valley, Mo.; two daughters, Kathy Beers, Basehor, and Annette Rodriguez, Kansas City, Kan.; a brother, Leonard Petersen, Blue Springs, Mo.; two sisters, Virginia Pearson, Mission, and Martha Petersen, Kansas City, Kan.; 12 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Basehor United Methodist Church or the National Kidney Foundation, sent in care of Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan., 66112.
More like this story
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event