Obituary: Morgan A. “Peter” Peterson
Services for Morgan A. "Pete" Petersen, 71, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2005, at the Basehor United Methodist Church. Burial followed in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Petersen died Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at his home. He was born May 1, 1933, in Kansas City, Kan, the son of Anton and Queena Wilson Petersen.
He was a former member of the Tri-County Rod and Gun Club. He had worked for the wholesale meat industry and was a member of the Meat Cutters Union, local 576. He was a member of Basehor United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Anna Mae Petersen; two sons, Richard Petersen, Basehor, and David Petersen, Grain Valley, Mo.; two daughters, Kathy Beers, Basehor, and Annette Rodriguez, Kansas City, Kan.; a brother, Leonard Petersen, Blue Springs, Mo.; two sisters, Virginia Pearson, Mission, and Martha Petersen, Kansas City, Kan.; 12 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Basehor United Methodist Church or the National Kidney Foundation, sent in care of Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan., 66112.
More like this story
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Collapsing buildings become health concern in Kansas
- New Leavenworth County Annex opens in Tonganoxie
- Rural recycling currently possible through Leavenworth County bins in Tonganoxie
- Kansas residents buy groceries out of state because of food tax, report concludes