Obituary: Ralph Bert Rector
Services for Ralph Bert Rector, 76, Leavenworth were Friday, Feb. 11, 2005, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Leavenworth, with the Rev. Damian Snyder officiating. Burial was in the Sunset Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Mr. Rector died Feb. 7, 2005. He was born on March 19, 1928, in El Dorado, the son of John Bert Rector and Irene Cecil Rector of Rosalia.
He graduated from Rosalia High School and earned a bachelor's degree in agriculture in 1952 and later a master's degree from Kansas State College.
Mr. Rector served in the Army during the Korean conflict. In 1956, Mr. Rector became 4-H club agent with Kansas State Extension Service and moved to Leavenworth, a position he held for 28 years, retiring in 1984.
Mr. Rector served as past president of Kansas Association of Extension 4-H Agents, was an office-holder for NAE4HA, the national 4-H Agents organization. He was also a member of Epsilon Sigma Phi. Additionally, Mr. Rector was an active member of the Leavenworth Lions Club, serving as president from 1975-1976, owner of Rector Farm Data, a computer consulting business and a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, Leavenworth.
On July 19, 1953, he married Twila Oltjen at Robinson. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include his mother, Irene Rector, Lansing; two sons, Dr. David Rector, Richland, Wash., and Steven Rector, Wichita; and two grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Trinity House or the Leavenworth County 4-H Foundation, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie City Council votes to purchase church for $275,000
- Tonganoxie USD 464 has 1 applicant for board opening; hires and resignations; Statehouse candidate visits meeting