Obituary: Howard F. Olsen
Services for Howard F. Olsen, 64, Mount Carmel, Ill., were Monday, Feb. 21, 2005, in the chapel of Short Funeral Home in Mount Carmel, Ill. Mr. Olsen died Feb. 18, 2005, at Richland Care and Rehab in Olney, Ill.
Mr. Olsen was born Aug. 21, 1940, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Frank and Florence (Moss) Olsen.
He was a U.S. Army veteran serving during the Vietnam Conflict. He was a member of the American Legion and Veteran of Foreign Wars. He attended the Free Methodist Church in Mount Carmel.
Mr. Olsen worked as a welder for Partee's Welding Service for several years, and as a gasoline attendant at the Shell Service Station in Mount Carmel.
Survivors include two stepchildren, Earl Anderson, Mount Carmel, and Betty Anderson, Mount Carmel; a sister, Anna Mae Meyer, Linwood; a half-sister, Norma Johnson, Liberty, Mo.; four stepgrandchildren; and several stepgreat-grandchildren. His wife, Ruby, preceded him in death.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth wins NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition
- McLouth advances to softball semis, faces unbeaten Chase County on Friday morning
- Brothers look to lead respective teams to state footballl titles in neighboring towns
- Tonganoxie wrestling tough on the road
- Tonganoxie High School presenting 'Charlie Brown' musical