Obituary: Jennie Melsena Stowe
Graveside services for Jennie Melsena Stowe, 93, Lawrence, were held Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, at Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mrs. Stowe died Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born June 17, 1911, in Neely, the daughter of Henry Murr and Nellie (Pecka) Murr.
Mrs. Stowe was graduate of Tonganoxie High School. On June 1, 1932, she married Glenn T. Messenheimer. They later divorced.
On May 31, 1946, she married Harold E. Stowe in Ottawa. He died on July 31, 1991.
Mrs. Stowe operated a truck garden in North Lawrence for 50 years, selling fruits and vegetables from her garden. She was a homemaker.
Survivors include three sons, Gary L. Stowe, Kansas City, Mo., Ronald D. Stowe, Lawrence, and Henry A. Messenheimer, Los Angeles; one stepson, Larry G. Stowe, Wichita; two stepdaughters, Joan K. Archer, Aurora Colo., and Patricia A. Kolpin, Toledo, Iowa; a brother, Charles Murr, Monte Vista, Colo.; two grandchildren; 10 stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and 13 stepgreat-grandchildren.
Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Kansas poised to be a leader in emerging field of drones
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population